Curiosity (noun): a strong desire to know or learn something
Curiosity is essential in the learning process. Encourage and enable resources to foster your child’s curiosity and creativity. The creative process is important for kids because it:
- Allows them to commit themselves to an effort and give shape to their ideas on their own
- Helps parents and teachers to understand more about what children are feeling or thinking
- Encourages their problem-solving and creative thinking skills
- Lets them express themselves and cope with their emotions
- Gives parents a chance to acknowledge the child’s individuality
The January issue of The Child City is all about fostering child’s curiosity. The story – ‘The island of inventions’, exclusive poem by poet Ajay Rathee and our role model of the month ‘Stevie Wonder’ are all about discovering the unknown. Also read the 10 important facts you should know about Republic Day. So go ahead, help your child explore something new today.